Haven resolved to continuously connect all sectors of society in order to touch more lives, JCIN Benin Metropolitan flagged off the phase II Back to School project at Owina Primary School, Iduowina Quarters, Benin City on the 13th of June, 2017. It could be recalled that NEEDS analysis was conducted by a Committee set up to execute the phase II Back to School Project which enabled our Global Organisation to have firsthand information of what the Pupils/Students need.
It will interest you to know that Pupils/Students and teachers of Owina Primary School were joyous and happy when they saw Members of our global Organization.
Some of the tasks that were undertaken during the execution of the phase II Back to School Project are as follows:
1. Sensitization and Orientation of the Pupils & Students on Moral & Values.
2. Distribution of School Sandals and Writing Materials like Pencils, Biros, Erasers, Sharpeners, Rulers e.t.c
3. Distribution of JCI customized note Books and Mathematical sets.
Consequently upon execution of the aforementioned Project, we observed some challenges being faced by the Pupils/Students & School and possible ways of tackling the challenges which are as follows:
1. We observed that the schools buildings were outdated and dilapidated due to lack of Government presence.
2. We observed that 50% of the Pupils/Students were sitting on the floor due to lack of Chairs and Tables
3. We observed that vast population of the Pupils/Students does not have writing materials while many Pupils/Students came to school with Barefoot/Shattered slippers.
4. We observed that the Teachers had no Chairs and Tables
5. Conclusively, we observed that the School Environment was not conducive for learning.
1. That Edo State Government through the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) should construct brand new School Buildings for Owina Primary School and equipped modern facilities
2. That Government, Nongovernmental Organizations, Charitable Organizations and Civil Society Organizations should come to the aide of our future Leaders (Pupils/Students) towards making their educational pursuits a reality.
To this end, we sincerely wish to thank Back to School Project Committee and Members of Junior Chamber International, Benin Metropolitan for ensuring the realization of the aforementioned Project.
Please accept the assurance of our highest regard.
Yours in impact making,
Long live JCI!
Long live JCIN!!
Long live JCIN Benin Metropolitan!!!
Long live Edo State.